After the Forest Fire

It has been a very hot Summer in Russia this year and now fires are raging in the countryside. This inspired me to find some images made a few years back on a hiking trip in the Swedish mountains near Pårte in the Kvikkjokk-Kabla Naturereserve.

On my way to Aktse I came along a grove of pine trees and I had to stop and photograph the beautiful patterns on the trees. A forest fire about 25 years ago had mutilated the trees, but now they are a great motif for a photographer like me. The last shot shows how the nature are taking over and the dead burned tree has become a home for a colony of ants.




All macro images - Kvikkjokk-Kabla Naturereserve, Sweden, 2007
(Nikon D2X, Nikkor PC 85mm 2,8 micro, iso 100, tripod)


Ant Colony - Kvikkjokk-Kabla Naturereserve, Sweden, 2007
(Nikon D2X, Nikkor AFS 17-35mm 2,8 ED, iso 100, tripod)

No comments:

Post a Comment