Image of the Month - MARCH 2010

Ice and Pink Sky, Kalø Vig, Mols Bjerge N.P. Denmark

From December to March, Denmark experienced the coldest winter in more than fifteen Years. The snow came a week before Christmas and covered the landscape in 3 months. Also our fjords and lakes got a thick ice cover and the birds had nothing to eat.

I like being out in cold conditions during the winter and it's without doubt my favourite time of the Year. My image "Ice and Pink Sky" was the last real winter image made in this season, I photographed the image at Kalø Vig in the Mols Bjerge National Park near my home in the first week of March.

Ok, I like the winter, but everything must come to an end, the day after I made this image, the western wind won the battle and the ice and snow began to melt. Just a few weeks later, there were no sign of winter - only the cold mornings.

(Nikon D700, Nikkor PC-E 24mm 3,5 ED, iso 200, Graduated ND 0,6H filter, tripod)

No comments:

Post a Comment