Oak Trees and afternoon Light, Fussingø, Denmark

JANUARY 2010

At the moment I'm making captions for a collection of images to be used on my website and want to share this image with you.

When I started taking photography seriously back in the late 90ties I was inspired and influenced by a handful of Scandinavian nature photographers. One of the "stars" of that time was the Swedish nature photographer Jan Töve, that inspired me with his book "Speglingar". The pictures in his book are still by today's standards a feast to the soul and very calming and inspiring. When I got the book for Christmas I had never seen winter images of that standard before, one of the images of an oak tree with New Fallen Snow, inspired me to make this photo ten years later.

I like the simplicity of winter, the colours are minimal and the landscape can change overnight and transform a boring and overlooked place into an Eldorado for a nature photographer.

(Nikon D700, Nikkor AFS 300mm 2,8 VR IFED, iso 200, tripod)

No comments:

Post a Comment