Image of the Month - SEPTEMBER 2010

Stormy Evening, Högenäs Orde, Öland, Sweden

One windy evening I decided to use the wind creatively and try-out my new Lee Big Stopper filter. The filter is simply outstanding in adding motion and action to the image, not that it adds anything at all, in contrary it simply eats ten stops of light and you´ll get extreme long exposures as an effect.

I've used this technique for many years using a polarizing filter, but it does not remove enough light for what I had in mind and it also adds stronger colours and this motif is colourful enough!, this is why I started to play-around with Neutral Density filters. I found this Rowan tree on a hill near Högenäs Orde on the island of Öland, only a few hundred meters from the Baltic Sea.

(Nikon D700, Nikkor PC-E 24mm 3,5 ED, Lee Big Stopper filter, iso 200, tripod)

No comments:

Post a Comment