Image of the month - NOVEMBER 2010

Frozen leafs, Assentoft, Denmark

When the autumn arrive I'm on the alert for clear cold nights with the possibility of frost, it is not every year that the frost appear before the end of November in Denmark.

This year I've had a few encounters already last month, so when frost came on a beautiful November morning I was ready. I simply can't get enough images of frost in combination with colourful autumn leafs, it adds magic to an otherwise uninspiring motif. I really like the colours of this image, it exhibit the spirit of the Scandinavian autumn, I think it is calming, magical, stimulating and full of atmosphere. I used my fast 300mm telephoto lens at very close range to isolate the frozen leafs from a distracting background, the WB on the camera was preset to 5000 Kelvin.

Frosty mornings open for a lot of macro opportunities as frozen leaves, grass and twigs are nice objects with ice crystals on them.

(Nikon D700, Nikkor 300mm 2,8 VR IFED, iso 200, tripod)

No comments:

Post a Comment