"Grainy" Black and White

This afternoon I was out walking near my home, although the weather and light was quite dull I had my camera with me. In the past I have not made many black and white images, but in recent time I have begun shooting without colours from time to time. What I like about shooting in B+W with a digital camera, is that its easier to visualize when you get feedback from the monitor of the camera, you can even use the camera in live mode in B+W and use different filters settings on the camera.

I decided to make a grainy look to this collection by choosing iso 2500, I keep getting amazed with my Nikon D700, the grain structure is like an old Kodak Tri-X film - I love it, unfortunately you can´t see it in this resolution!


Frozen in Time
(Nikon D700, Nikkor AFS 16-35mm 4,0 VR ED, iso 2500, handheld)

Trees
(Nikon D700, Nikkor AIS 200mm 4,0, iso 2500, handheld)

No comments:

Post a Comment