Image of the Month - FEBRUARY 2011

Twilight at Råbjerg Mile, Skagen, Denmark

I have always been fascinated and inspired by extreme landscapes and the migrating coastal dune Råbjerg Mile near Skagen in the northern part of Denmark is such a place.

One of the most important tasks for a landscape photographer when visiting a new place is to get familiar with the terrain. Being out much, spending time watching, seeing the light and learning where to be when the right light sets in is the key. In return you will be rewarded with a far better chance of capturing images that show the landscape in perfect light.

I have visited Råbjerg Mile before, but just on one day visits, this time I had a whole week to explore this extraordinary landscape, just a 3 hour drive from my home. On the first day I was out for twelve hours and this image is the last I made that evening, just after a golden sunset the twilight began to turn the landscape blue.

The twilight is my favourite time of the day to make scenic images, the soft light and magic colours combined with a long exposure gives the landscape atmosphere and catch your eye.


(Nikon D700, Nikkor PC-E 24mm 3,5 ED, Graduated ND 0,6S filter, iso 200, tripod)

No comments:

Post a Comment