Image of the Month - APRIL 2011

Male flowering Catkin on a Willow Tree
Assentoft, Denmark

I have a very intense love-and-hate relationship with the spring season. I love the season change, it is positive after a long and cold winter and boost the creativity because everything is changing day by day.

The change is my problem! This year the warm continental air hit like a bomb and everything in nature exploded within a few days and became green extremely fast. Everything was happening to fast for my liking - one day a flower was blooming and the next it was already withered and boring to photograph.

The Male flowering Catkin on a Willow tree is blooming for a few days and they are very beautiful to photograph while flowering. The evening I made this image I was on the look for a photograph of a particular tree and hoped for an image with a sparkling yellow tree, but most of the flowers had already withered and had lost its glow and I ended up making a macro shot instead.

My conclusion and what I have learned is that you have to be prepared and make a plan of what to photograph. You could call it specializing - a way to get what you want before nature has moved on.

(Nikon D700, Carl Zeiss ZF.2 100mm 2,0 T* Makro-Planar, iso 200, handheld)

No comments:

Post a Comment