A portrait of a flower

I made this collection of macro images on my recent trips to the Island of Anholt and to the Northern part of Jutland, Denmark. Trientalis europaea, called by the common name Chickweed wintergreen or Arctic starflower is a woodland indicator species found mainly in birch, pine and oak woodland. Its a small but very photogenic flower and I used my Zeiss 100mm Makro-Planar lens to make the subject isolation; on the last three images I attached a Nikon PN-11 (52,5mm) extension tube - getting life-size (1:1) images.





All images: (Nikon D700, Carl Zeiss ZF.2 100mm 2,0 T* Makro-Plarar, iso 200, handheld)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this photos really do look awesome! I'm not a professional photographer, so my shots are far away from your level. But isn't it fun to climb up a mountain and then shoot pictures of your achievement? Or to photograph the stations of your trekking-tour? I just love it :)
    Keep up your good work, I'm excited to see the next pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michaela

    Thanks a lot for your comment!

    Keep an eye on my blog I will update it regularly with fresh stuff!

    All the best
    JT

    ReplyDelete