Working with the Wind - Part 1

The theme of the week - In the following days I will show some of my latest "slow" work. I have worked with the wind on my recent trips to Råbjerg Mile and the Island of Anholt, making daylight looong exposures with the help of my strong Neutral Density filter.

I have used the wind creatively and worked with the Lee Big Stopper filter. The filter is simply outstanding in adding motion and action to the image, not that it adds anything at all, in contrary it simply eats ten stops of light and you´ll get extreme long exposures as an effect. I've used this technique for many years using a polarizing filter, but it does not remove enough light for what I had in mind and it also adds stronger colours and this collection is colourful enough!, this is why I started to play-around with Neutral Density filters about a year ago.




The set-up, Nikon D700 and lens with attached Lee filter holder and the Big Stopper filter.


Like a painting, Anholt, Denmark
(Nikon D700, Carl Zeiss ZF.2 100mm 2,0 T* Makro-Plarar, Lee Big Stopper filter, iso 200, tripod, 63 sec. exposure)

Spring evening at Karisholm I, Anholt, Denmark
(Nikon D700, Carl Zeiss ZF.2 50mm 2,0 T* Makro-Planar, Lee Big Stopper and Graduated ND 0,6H filters, iso 200, tripod, 65 sec. exposure)

Spring evening at Karisholm II, Anholt, Denmark
(Nikon D700, Carl Zeiss ZF.2 50mm 2,0 T* Makro-Planar, Lee Big Stopper and Graduated ND 0,6H filters, iso 200, tripod, 50 sec. exposure)

No comments:

Post a Comment