A stroll down memory lane...

This week, I've been busy working on an important project, revisiting places that were important to me in the past. Working from Monday till Friday up to eight hours a day, I have been sorting out my old slides from my trips to Sweden, more than 10 years ago.

What a trip it was to see all these beautiful photos and places, the funny thing is that I can remember all the feelings behind the shots and also remember things like what equipment I used. I'm very impressed with the quality of the images and I don't think that I could have done a much better job today, although it is more than 10 years ago that I made them, I have evolved a lot since then but today I'm just using another medium, taking digital photos instead of using film.

Almost 90% of the slides were made with the best film for nature and scenic images of the era: Fujichrome Velvia 50; this slow film forced me to use a tripod on almost every shot and the composition and lightning are still Top Notch by today's standards.

My goal with this project was to trash all the crappy ones and only keep the very best shots, and to move the slides from my old archive to the much better German made "Journal 24" system, which gives a better overview and protection.

All shots were made in Sub-Arctic Lapland, Sweden and included the trips I made in August/Sepember: 1996,1997,1998,1999,2000,2001,2003 - June: 2000 - October 2001 and finally January/February: 2000, 2001.

This collection is only 1/3 of my entire slide archive and I hope that I can find the time to sort out the rest of the collection from Denmark, dating back to 1993 and the last film I made in the first month of 2006 (Got my Nikon D2X in late January 2006 and never looked back).

2 comments:

  1. I've switched to primarily digital in recent years too, but have decades of slides to revisit on occasion. It's always an enjoyable journey through those memories. Enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi PJ

    Thanks for your comment! It's a pleasure to revisit all these places, I have been in the Swedish mountains on several trips since 2003, shooting with my digital gear, but the images I made back then had and still has a lot of spirit and happy memories.

    Hope you find the time to revisit your places ;)

    All the best
    Jesper T.

    ReplyDelete