Where were You on 9/11/2001?

I was hiking in the Swedish mountains, but because of the bad weather I had a camp near the Kebnekaise mountain lodge. I heard of the attack in the radio that evening; at first, I thought it was a joke, but I quickly realized that the direction was very serious. I phoned home and talked with my brother and he confirmed the attack, I talked with a lot of people that evening, it was a day I'll never forget!.

The day after the Attack
It had rained for a week, weather fronts continued to stop over the Kebnekaise mountains, there were heavy rain on the south-facing slopes, where I was. The day after September 11, 2001 the sun broke through the clouds for a brief moment. The light-beam at Ladtjovagge was like a biblical messenger who gave renewed hope in the dark with death, destruction and rainfall. The next day the rain was accompanied with lightning and thunder, that made my tent tremble in the heavy rain. A Lemming ate a hole in my tent and at that time you wonder, "what am I doing here so far away from home?".

Lightbeam, Ladtjovagge, Kebnekaise mountains, Sweden


(Nikon F5, Nikkor AFD 80-200mm 2,8 ED, Kodak E100VS, tripod)

No comments:

Post a Comment