Testing a new Tool - Part 1

I have always loved fast primes for my kind of photography and only a week ago I received a new toy to play with. In the following week I will post my first impressions of the Nikon AFS 35mm 1,4G lens on this blog, so stay tuned!

This lens is made for low light and shallow depth of field photography at large apertures and the bokeh (Out of focus image rendition) is absolutely beautiful and smooth. Depth of field (DOF) at f/2.0 is rather shallow if you are close to your subject so accurate focus is critical and I find the 35mm f/1,4 lens to focus very accurately. The short (DOF) benefit is that you can blur the background nicely - on this collection of images I used apertures around f/2,0 and as you can see, this lens is really a "Cream Machine".





All images: (Nikon D700, Nikkor AFS 35mm 1,4G, iso 200, handheld)

No comments:

Post a Comment