Wild Forest

Today I received the new issue of the the magazine Natur og Miljø from The Danish Society for Nature Conservation and one of my images was in the gallery. I have added this text to Spotlight on my website, but here it is on my blog too.

Natural forest without human influence is extremely rare in Denmark, but you can be lucky to find a wilderness forest like this one, here and there in the Danish countryside.

Not far from the the city of Ebeltoft in the Mols area, I found this Wilderness, which today is a natural forest of beech and oak trees. A hundred years ago, cattle grazed this area, but the meadow was allowed to grow wild and today its almost an impassable thickets, with an incredible bird and insect life.

I recommend that you follow the track Strandkærstien near Molslaboratoriet, a 4 km. tour with lots of different landscape types, including this natural forest not far from Ebeltoft in the Mols Bjerge National park.

Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit.
Edward Abbey

(Nikon D700, Nikkor PC-E 85mm 2,8 micro, iso 200, tripod)

No comments:

Post a Comment