Anholt is at the heart of Danish waters, the island has played an important role in Danish history. During the 1807-14 war with England, all Danish lighthouses were turned off, but the British army captured the island of Anholt and turned the light on, at the strategic placed lighthouse. They built a fortress around the lighthouse, called "Fort York". The present location has been used since 1788, and the structure has been reworked a number of times since then. In 1881 the lighthouse was raised to its current heigh of 42 meters.
Image 1: (Nikon D700, Nikkor PC-E 24mm 3,5 ED, iso 200, tripod)
Image 2: (Nikon D700, Carl Zeiss ZF.2 100mm 2,0 T* Makro-Planar, iso 200, handheld)
Image 3,5: (Nikon D700, Nikkor AFS 300mm 2,8 VR ED, iso 200, tripod)
Image 4: (Nikon D700, Carl Zeiss ZF.2 50mm 2,0 T* Makro-Planar, iso 200, Built-in-Flash, tripod)