Fort York, Anholt Lighthouse - Part 3

I like to photograph old stuff, I'm drawn to old buildings. On days where the weather or the light conspire to make wider landscapes, I like nothing better than to go out and find something rusting and flaky, mossy and collapsing in. I regularly find myself asking the question "why am I photographing this?" or perhaps more crucially what is this for?. The first question is easy to answer; because it attracts me. The poignancy of the subject matter, abandoned, left alone to be re-absorbed into its surroundings. The character of the thing, often given a sense of personality by the arrangement of tired windows, rusty metal or leaning walls. The fantastic shapes created by ageing fascinates me. 

The second question has however proven more difficult to answer, but I think they are all made to satisfy my curiosity. This collection of black and white images from the old lighthouse on the island of Anholt, don't contain extraordinary scenes, but the images are rather a documentation from an gone era in Danish history.    











All images: (Nikon D700, Carl Zeiss ZF.2 50mm 2,0 T* Makro-Planar, iso 200, handheld or tripod) 

No comments:

Post a Comment