After the Storm

Last night, the North-western part of Denmark experienced the first storm of the year, the third storm within five weeks. This afternoon the wind was still strong and heavy rain and hail-showers went by as fast as a race-car. At times the rain was lashing down and moments after the sun was shining. I did not have much time for photography today, but I had my camera with me in the car and stopped when I saw this Cumulonimbus cloud, a motif well suited for black and white photography.  

Cumulonimbus cloud near Mariager, Denmark


(Nikon D700, Nikkor AFS 35mm 1,4G, iso 200, handheld)

2 comments:

  1. absolutely breathtaking! I love the way nikon cameras work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Darienne, Yes the D700 is very good for black and white photography, I used the built-in yellow filter, adding contrast and darken the sky.

    All the Best
    Jesper T.

    ReplyDelete