Image of the Month - FEBRUARY 2012

The Siberian winter attack, Bulbjerg, Denmark

After a long period with autumn like weather conditions, Denmark faced a sudden shivering end to the exceptionally warm winter with temperatures plunging towards Siberian levels. Winter weather arrived with a vengeance with temperatures well below zero for almost three weeks, a bitterly cold  February with thermometers falling at least as low as -23C, a nature photographers dream came true. On a day-trip to Denmark's only bird-cliff in the north-western part of Jutland, I photographed the beach like mad, almost every stone were covered by a beautiful layer of ice. It was bitterly cold that day, but I forgot to think about that because of the stunning landscape just in front of me, I managed to make quite a few "great shots" that day, but this one is my favourite.  


(Nikon D700, Nikkor PC-E 24mm 3,5 ED, iso 200, tripod)

No comments:

Post a Comment