Theme: The Siberian Winter Attack - Part 2

The first day of the attack!
Just browsing through my work of images from the past three weeks, I came across this image of frozen air bubbles trapped in the ice. I have made images like this before, but I can't get enough of it - I love the patterns and the colours of the ice. January 25th was an extremely beautiful and a very cold day, my photo buddy Jon Geriche and I was on one of our best photo day-trips ever, at Vejlerne nature reserve in the northern part of Denmark. We photographed migrating geese all day long, but we found this amazing pattern, I used my long tele-photo lens handheld and picked out this pattern of bubbles. That day, was the start of the fierce winter attack, with winds from the east. This period became a difficult time for the wildlife, but very giving for a nature photographer like me.   

Frozen Air-Bubbles, Vejlerne nature reserve, Denmark


(Nikon D700, Nikkor AFS 300mm 2,8 VR ED, TC-14E II, iso 200, handheld)

No comments:

Post a Comment