Flower power

This afternoon I was walking in a forest near my home, I was on the lookout for flowers and as planned I found one of my favourite flowers the Robert geranium - a small but very photogenic flower. I have always been fascinated by photographing plants and flowers and using macro lenses opened a whole new world of opportunities, when I started making images of plants, more than 15 years back. I like to use large apertures to soften the surroundings and isolate the main subject, making an artistic feel and creating an image with "flower-power" as I like to call it. I never get tired of looking at images like this, they inspire me to make new ones!.


(Nikon D700, Carl Zeiss T* 100/2 Makro-Planar, iso 200, handheld)

2 comments:

  1. Great image, the compositions is trully soberb, and the silence that we breathe within is something out of this world! I done an image not quite as good, but with same spirit you can see it in my blog: http://pyrenaica.blogspot.pt/2012/05/perdido-lost.html

    By the way great blog amd great images! You photograph with your heart and soul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment David, much appreciated! I love the background blur and composition of your shot as well, it also has spirit and is photo art at the highest level!

      Keep up the good work.

      Jesper T.

      Delete