Kittiwake action

Bulbjerg is a limestone cliff in the North-western part of Jutland, facing Skagerrak. It is the only rock in Jutland and the only bird cliff in Denmark. It is also the southernmost breeding place of the kittiwake. This is one of my overall favourite spots in Denmark and I keep returning year after year - I just can't get enough of this magnificent place.

Last week I visited Bulbjerg in the evening, I photographed this kittiwake using a slow shutter-speed and rear curtain sync flash technique with my Nikon SB-910 Speedlight. I really like the painterly effect and feeling of motion, of this image - a moment captured in time. I usually leave my camera set to use rear curtain sync almost all of the time, I find it quite useful in capturing motion while freezing the subject in place!


(Equipment used: Nikon D700, Nikkor VR 70-200/2,8 II, Nikon SB-910 Speedlight)

No comments:

Post a Comment