Memories of Winter - Part 2

This is the first post in 2013 and I will continue with my theme "Memories of Winter" with images from the first two weeks of December. The first week of January has been very dull with windy conditions and rain, nothing like the first weeks of December 2012.

This collection of images are photographed on December 5 in the Rebild hills in Himmerland after a heavy snowfall. No wind and a temperature about minus 10° Celsius, the moisture in the air was crystallized and made the air sparkle, not something you see very often in Denmark.  













In the first two weeks of December, the magic of winter arrived in Denmark, after a wet autumn it was most welcome and it was a nature photographers dream come true!. The cold Arctic wind from the north only lasted for two weeks and now the frost and snow has gone; time for browsing through my work from those magical weeks.

I have decided to share my best images from this exciting period on my blog, I was out as much as possible and I had a few days dedicated to outdoor life and my favourite hobby, photographing outside. These images for me, evokes memories of winter and much of what I love about photographing during the colder months of the year. It's always a reminder of how fleeting some of these special moments are and how great it is to experience them when we get the opportunity.

I will not show my images in a chronological way, but rather make collections of images that work together, from the past month. So stay tuned and follow my blog if you like winter images.



(Equipment used: Nikon D700, Carl Zeiss and Nikkor lenses, Lee filters, tripod)

3 comments:

  1. I love the second series Jesper, as usual, beautifully composed and inspirational. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful shots and landscapes i can understand your enjoy when snow came in Denmark, see you later for the following photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Marius and cracysouri007 for your comments, much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete