The first Wood Anemone

Yesterday I photographed this Wood Anemone on a sunny hill facing South. Photographing plants and flowers are exciting and very rewarding, just take your macro lens and start to work, at first you might not see anything at all, but suddenly motifs appear just in front of you.

I have always been fascinated by photographing plants and flowers and using macro lenses opened a whole new world of opportunities, when I started making images of plants, more than 15 years ago.

I like to use large apertures to soften the surroundings and isolate the main subject, making an artistic feel and creating an image with "flower-power" as I like to call it. I never get tired of looking at images like this, they inspire me to make new ones!.


(Nikon D700, Carl Zeiss ZF.2 100mm 2,0 T* Makro-Planar, iso 200, handheld)

2 comments: